Oil changes are a frequent and dirty reality of vehicle ownership. But just because they must be done doesn’t mean you have to waste money. The average conventional oil change costs around $46 and a synthetic oil change will cost around twice as much. However, changing motor oil at home will save money and time while also allowing you more choice in the correct quality of equipment and care for your vehicle. Luckily motor oil can be changed easily with some basic equipment and simple steps.
Changing oil with Femco drain technology requires no tools and eliminates the risk of stripped threads and spills. As a result, it is a cleaner process and requires even less equipment compared with a conventional oil plug.
Using spill proof Femco quick drain technology simplifies the process, requiring only:
- Jack stands or ramps
- Oil waste drain pan (optional, the oil can be drained directly into a secure container for recycling)
- Spill proof containers for the old oil
- New motor oil (double check the manufacturers specified oil type and weight)
- A new oil filter
The steps are as follows:
- Elevate your vehicle with either jack stands or ramps.
- Put your vehicle in park and apply the e brake.
- Turn off your engine (Femco drain plugs allow the oil to be safely changed while hot or cold)
- With the vehicle secured and safely elevated, crawl underneath the engine below where the engine oil pan is located.
- Locate the drain plug (the drain plug may be hidden behind a scrape guard on some vehicles)
- Unscrew and remove the dust cap from the Femco drain plug and screw the drainer and hose on.
- Oil will begin to flow out into the pan, through the hose (gloves are optional as the oil will be contained within the Femco drainers hose)
- Once the flow of oil comes to an end, you may remove and replace the old oil filter.
- Unscrew the Femco drainer and hose and screw back on the dust cap.
- With the oil filter replaced, you may then remove the oil cap on top of the engine and use a funnel to pour new oil in.
- Make sure to follow manufacturer specifications, too much or too little oil could cause damage to your engine.
- Once you have refilled the oil, lower your vehicle and double check the oil level with the dipstick.
Femco® is the correct website if you’re looking for an oil drain plug that will allow you to drain the oil of your car in an environmentally friendly way. This allows you to remove the oil quickly and cleanly. Changing your car’s oil regularly ensures that your car drives as it should and helps with the lifespan of your car. Do you want to know more about Femco®’s oil drain plug or how to changing oil is so much easier with our technology? Then contact us, we will gladly answer your questions.